Friday, March 30, 2012

Nature Walk in Woodland Creek







Today John and Jess went to their friend's wedding, so mom and I went down the street to The Woodland Creek Community Center and Park, where there is a few nature trails. It was rainy (as it normally is in Seattle), and it was really pretty! We saw like 4 diffrent types of moss. It was pretty cool. And very wet. (Especially on the playground-I had to change my pants.) We also saw a bunch of  giant pussy-willow bushes. When we reached the end of the marked trail, there was a bridge, (mom seemed to think it wasn't stable), and once you crossed the bridge, there were these deserted train tracks. After we turned around and made it back to where we started, we went down a un-marked trail. It didn't have a sign saying "Hey, this is a trail!" or anything. You could tell, though, because it was very packed down. I'm reading Harry Potter right now, so I took some videos and acted as though we were in the wizarding world. So, here are some pictures of what we saw. One of my favorites is the rusty lawnmower. We were behind some apartment buildings, so that explains alot. We also saw a shopping cart (o.O) but I didn't manage to take a picture. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment